Agnesian HealthCare in Fond du Lac, WI is seeking
- A CTR (Certified Tumor Registrar) through the NCRA (National Cancer Registrar’s Association) OR
- Associate’s degree or 60 college-level credits AND Two courses of Human Anatomy & Physiology WITH
- Eligibility to obtain CTR certification. CTR must be obtained within three years of hire.
Apply online at agnesiancareers.com
or call (920) 926-5424 for details.
Aspirus is looking for a CTR!
If you’re looking for a CTR position with VERY flexible hours and remote opportunity with equipment provided, check this out!
ThedaCare is seeking a Certified Tumor Registrar
The Certified Tumor Registrar supports the ThedaCare Cancer Care program by assisting in the management of the cancer registry. The registry will meet the American College of Surgeons, Commission on Cancer standards along with the National Program of Cancer Registries, and Wisconsin Cancer Reporting System requirements to ensure accurate and timely collection of patient data for the purpose of education, research, outcome measurement, and identification of opportunities for improvement.
1. Enters data into the registry database and meets quality and productivity benchmarks for data collection, reporting, and trending.
2. Identifies and analyzes the history, diagnosis, treatment, disease status, and survival data of cancer patients treated at ThedaCare.
3. Prepares and electronically submits required reporting information to the State Central Registry and National Cancer Data Base, if applicable.
4. Collects data for special studies, protocol studies, and audits.
5. Complies with reporting requests and requirements.
6. Maintains knowledge of and compliance with current American College of Surgeons Commission on Cancer (ACoS CoC) standards and assists in preparation for ACoS CoC surveys.
7. Assists and collaborates with physicians on cancer-related studies and research projects.
8. Develops and implements departmental policies and procedures to improve the quality and efficiency of cancer registry data.
9. Retrieves oncology related data and reports from the electronic tumor registry system for physicians, administration, Cancer Council, oncology research, and ACoS CoC as requested/required.
Our cancer registry team currently consists of 4 Cancer Registrars and 1 Cancer Registry Support Specialist. We are a growing team, and are looking to add an additional full time CTR and Registry Support Specialist to our team.
Benefits Eligible: Yes
Holiday Rotation: none
Hours per week: 40
Call Rotation: none
Shift Time: 8 hr shift between 7:00a and 5:00p
Shift Length: 8 hrs
Expected Schedule: TBD
Travel Requirements: none
Weekend Schedule: none
Home Location: Regional Cancer Center
A respectful and challenging work environment, supportive colleagues, vibrant communities, and the great feeling that comes with making a difference in other people’s lives These are just a few of the reasons to choose ThedaCare as the home for your career! We are looking for team members who put our patients and families at the center of their work; who have an unrelenting passion for safety and quality; and who will contribute to a great working environment where everyone can do their best.
Required: Associate’s degree or equivalent (60 college level credits)
Preferred: Bachelor’s degree in a healthcare related field
Required: Certified Tumor Registrar certification through the National Cancer Registrars Association (NCRA) or eligible for certification exam within 6 months of hire.
Preferred: Experience working as a CTR
UW HEALTH – Join the #1 hospital in Wisconsin!
We are seeking an experienced Cancer Registrar for UW Health to:
- Interpret complex medical information in electronic medical records to support critical program activities including direct patient care, regulatory and accreditation requirements.
- Be responsible for data collection, entry, and submission, report preparation, and data sharing for process improvement initiatives, benchmarking and outcomes research
- Click link for further details, job requirements and application process
nThrive has multiple opportunities for remote CTRs. Open positions include remote abstracting for a WI client. If interested please apply to the link below. Excellent starting pay and benefits including paid education and volunteer time.
FT onsite Oncology Data Specialist II (Cancer Registrar)
Mercyhealth, Rockford Il is currently looking for a FT onsite Oncology Data Specialist II (Cancer Registrar)
The Oncology Data Specialist II assists with data management, performs suspense and abstracting functions in accordance with the requirements and standards of the regulatory and accrediting agencies.. This person will demonstrate extensive knowledge in all aspects of the Registry and serve as a resource for the Oncology Data Specialist I.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Performs abstracting in accordance with federal/ state regulations, accreditation, institutional and departmental policies and procedures. Additionally, analyzes data for cases not required by federal or state, but meeting requirements for special case studies, or identified for reportable by agreement cases.
- Digests complex clinical information to determine if data entered into Metriq is accurate, complete and valid data / CS, AJCC, FORDS, SEER. Understand clinical pathways to determine what types of treatment should be expected based on site, extent, type of cancer and associated NCCN guidelines.
- Utilizes all available resources/ online tools for input of accurate information (e.g. CA Forum, Multiple Primary & Histology coding, Hematopoietic Coding Manual, COC, SEER,) seeks guidance from supervisor as needed.
- Suspends case in accordance with registry policy.
- Reviews data for completeness and accuracy. Pursues missing data necessary for abstract completion by contacting outside physician offices, hospitals and cancer registries.
- Identifies and updates patients involved in clinical trials and documents pertinent clinical data into patient abstract.
- Maintain efficiency, quality and accuracy rates as defined per Cancer Registry policy and standards.
- Provides guidance and back-up coverage for Oncology Data Specialist I for the coordination of oncology related educational conferences (Tumor Board, Breast Conference, Morbidity and Mortality and other education presentations.) as well as follow-up, casefinding and other ODSI functions.
- Assists with maintaining the Cancer Registry Policy and Procedure Manual.
- Participates in quality improvement initiatives, assist with department quality assurance and improvement plan as directed by Supervisor.
- Maintains knowledge of current trends and developments in the field by reading applicable literature and participating in seminars and conferences. Applies pertinent new knowledge to performance of responsibilities.
If interested, apply at the following link.