FT onsite Oncology Data Specialist II (Cancer Registrar)
Mercyhealth, Rockford Il is currently looking for a FT onsite Oncology Data Specialist II (Cancer Registrar)
The Oncology Data Specialist II assists with data management, performs suspense and abstracting functions in accordance with the requirements and standards of the regulatory and accrediting agencies.. This person will demonstrate extensive knowledge in all aspects of the Registry and serve as a resource for the Oncology Data Specialist I.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Performs abstracting in accordance with federal/ state regulations, accreditation, institutional and departmental policies and procedures. Additionally, analyzes data for cases not required by federal or state, but meeting requirements for special case studies, or identified for reportable by agreement cases.
- Digests complex clinical information to determine if data entered into Metriq is accurate, complete and valid data / CS, AJCC, FORDS, SEER. Understand clinical pathways to determine what types of treatment should be expected based on site, extent, type of cancer and associated NCCN guidelines.
- Utilizes all available resources/ online tools for input of accurate information (e.g. CA Forum, Multiple Primary & Histology coding, Hematopoietic Coding Manual, COC, SEER,) seeks guidance from supervisor as needed.
- Suspends case in accordance with registry policy.
- Reviews data for completeness and accuracy. Pursues missing data necessary for abstract completion by contacting outside physician offices, hospitals and cancer registries.
- Identifies and updates patients involved in clinical trials and documents pertinent clinical data into patient abstract.
- Maintain efficiency, quality and accuracy rates as defined per Cancer Registry policy and standards.
- Provides guidance and back-up coverage for Oncology Data Specialist I for the coordination of oncology related educational conferences (Tumor Board, Breast Conference, Morbidity and Mortality and other education presentations.) as well as follow-up, casefinding and other ODSI functions.
- Assists with maintaining the Cancer Registry Policy and Procedure Manual.
- Participates in quality improvement initiatives, assist with department quality assurance and improvement plan as directed by Supervisor.
- Maintains knowledge of current trends and developments in the field by reading applicable literature and participating in seminars and conferences. Applies pertinent new knowledge to performance of responsibilities.
If interested, apply at the following link.